Some Unknown Facts About Jerry Brown You need to know.
Jerry Brown father Pat Brown was also Governor of California.
Does Jerry Brown smoke? No
Does he drink alcohol? No
He was a cheerleader at St. Ignatius High School.
After graduating, he finished first in his class at San Francisco College of Law.
While serving as Secretary of State of California (1971-1975), he discovered the use of notorious documents by then-President Richard Nixon.
He was known as a fiscal conservative and because of his budget cuts, the government had one of the largest surpluses in history.
Jerry Brown went to work on foot rather than as a passenger in a limousine with driver, as previous governors did.
He is a serious environmentalist and in 1977 sponsored the very first tax incentive for rooftop solar energy, among other environmental initiatives.
Jerry Brown strongly opposed the death penalty and vetoed it as governor.
In 1979, he appointed the first openly gay judge in the United States.
He also appointed the first openly lesbian judge in the United States in 1981.
Jerry Brown went to Japan to study Buddhism.
Jerry Brown said in an interview that he doesn’t like shopping.
He worked with Mother Teresa in Kolkata, India.
He owns a colt 38 (revolver) offered by his father.
There was a 28-year gap between his second and third term as governor.
He succeeded Arnold Schwarzenegger as Governor of California in 2011.
He was one of the youngest governors in the history of the state when he was first elected governor in 1975 and when he was re-elected governor in 2011, he became the oldest governor ever elected.
Jerry Brown Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Wife & More.
|Real Name||Edmund Gerald “Jerry” Brown Jr.|
|Political Journey||• In 1970, Jerry Brown was elected California Secretary of State.
• Jerry Brown drafted and helped to pass the California Political Reform Act of 1974.
• Jerry Brown was elected Governor of California on November 5, 1974.
• In March 1976, he ran for the Democratic Nomination for President.
• In 1976 US Presidential Election, he finished third behind Congressman Morris Udall and Jimmy Carter.
• In 1978, Jerry Brown was re-elected as Governor of California.
• He challenged Jimmy Carter for renomination in 1980
• In 1982, he decided not to run for a third time.
• In 1982, he ran for the United States Senate but lost to Pete Wilson.
• In 1988, he became Chairman of the California Democratic Party.
• He resigned abruptly in 1991 and announced to run for the Senate seat.
• In 1992, he announced to run for the US presidential election against George H. W. Bush.
• He served as Mayor of Oakland from 1999 to 2007.
• He served as Attorney General of California from 2007 to 2011.
• In 2011, he was elected as 39th Governor of California.
|Biggest Rival||Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of Birth||April 7, 1938|
|Age (as in 2019)||82 Years|
|Birth Place||San Francisco, California|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Oakland Hills, Oakland, California|
|School||St. Ignatius College Preparatory, San Francisco, California|
|College||Santa Clara University, California
University of California, Berkeley
Yale Law School, New Haven, Connecticut, United States
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts,
|Family||Father– Pat Brown (former Governor of California)
Mother– Bernice Layne Brown
Sisters– Kathleen Brown (politician), Barbara Layne Brown, Cynthia Arden Brown
|Address||State Capitol Building, Sacramento, CA, 95814 Sacramento, California 95814|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Biking, Playing Golf, Playing Baseball, Doing Charity|
|Controversies||• In 1981, he was criticized for not following the directions of the US Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) when a serious medfly infestation occurred in the San Francisco Bay Area.|
|Favorite Food||Organic Fruits, Flax Plus Multibran|
|Favorite Film||Enemy of the State|
|Favorite Book||The People’s History of the United States, By Howard Zinn,
Memoirs of a Geisha, By Arthur Golden,
Labyrinths, By Jorge Luis Borges,
The Maltese Falcon, By Dashiell Hammett,
The Unbearable Lightness of Being, By Milan Kundera
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Linda Ronstadt (singer)|
|Wife||Anne Gust (married 2005)|
|Net Worth||2.4 million USD|