Some Unknown Facts About Meg Whitman You need to know.
In 2015, Meg Whitman was ranked 7th highest paid woman in the world on Fortune’s list.
Does Meg Whitman smoke? No
Does she drink alcohol? No
Her birthplace, Long Island, New York, in Oyster Bay, was one of the inspiring settings of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “Great Gatsby”.
Both his parents, Hendricks Hallett Whitman, Jr. and Margaret Cushing Whitman, served in the Second World War.
When Meg Whitman was born, she had a congenital anomaly called dysplasia.
She was a good athlete in her child’s hood and loved many sports such as swimming, tennis, and skating.
Whitman wanted to go into the field of medicine and dreamed of becoming a doctor.
She introduced UK’s children’s television show “Teletubbies” into the United States.
She joined eBay in 1988 from 30 employees with a turnover of USD 4 million and increased eBay’s turnover to USD 8 billion with 15,000 employees before leaving in 2008.
Meg Whitman donated $30 million to Princeton in 2002 and Whitman College Residence is named after her.
While running for governor of California, she spent more of her own money ($144 million) and became the most self-financed political candidate in the history of American politics.
Meg Whitman Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Husband & More
|Real Name||Margaret Cushing “Meg” Whitman|
|Profession||Politician, Business executive|
|Political Journey||• In 2008, she supported Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign.
• When Romney stepped out of the race, she joined McCain’s presidential campaign as a national co-chair.
• Meg Whitman announced to run for Governor of California Election 2010, on February 10, 2009.
• Whitman released a political ad, “A Lifetime in Politics A Legacy of Failure”, in June 2010.
• She endorsed Mitt Romney in 2012 Republican Primaries.
• She was finance co-chair of Chris Christie’s presidential campaign during the 2016 Republican primaries.
|Business Journey||• In 1979, Meg Whitman joined as a brand manager Procter & Gamble in Cincinnati, Ohio.
• In 1989, she became vice president of strategic planning at The Walt Disney Company.
• In 1991, Whitman joined Stride Rite Corporation.
• In 1995, she became President and CEO of Florist’s Transworld Delivery.
• In 1997, as Hasbro’s Playskool Division General Manager, Whitman saw marketing and Global management of two children’s brands, Mr. Potato Head and Playskool.
• On March 1998, she joined eBay.
• In November 2007, Meg Whitman resigned as CEO of eBay.
• She joined Hewlett-Packard’s board of directors in January 2011 and was named CEO on September 22, 2011.
|Biggest Rival||Politics: Jerry Brown, Hillary Clinton
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet-Inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1956|
|Age (as in 2019)||63 Years|
|Birth Place||Cold Spring Harbor, New York, USA|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Huntington, New York, USA|
|School||Cold Spring Harbor High School, Cold Spring Harbor New York|
|College||Princeton University, Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Family||Father– Hendricks Hallett Whitman, Jr.
Mother– Margaret Cushing Whitman
|Controversies||• During her tenure as CEO of eBay, she shoved her subordinate to which she settled down later.
• She was criticized for exploiting and humiliating her housekeeper Nicky Diaz Santillan.
• She was criticized for making a statement to suspend the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006.
• She made a controversial statement to prohibit illegal immigrant students from attending state-funded institutions of higher education.
• During her campaign for Governor of California, she was largely self-funded and spent 144 million USD from her own personal funds.
• It was reported that Meg Whitman did not vote for 28 years.
|Favorite Politician||Not Known|
|Favorite Quote||“Run to the fire”|
|Favorite Food||Not Known|
|Favorite Film||Not Known|
|Favorite Book||The New American Story, Good to Great, The World is Flat, Politics Lost|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Dr. Griffith R. Harsh IV, Professor of Neurosurgery (married 1980)|
|Children||Son– William Harsh, Griffith Rutherford Harsh V
|Net Worth||2.1 billion USD|