Some Unknown Facts About Moon Moon Sen You Need to Know.
Moon Moon Sen is also an interior designer and consultant.
Moon Moon Sen taught at the girls’ school in Ballygunge, then at the Chitrabani school, where she taught graphic design. She also worked at All India Radio and as a teacher at Ballygunge Public High School in Kolkata before entering the film industry.
Before her debut in Bollywood, she was a successful actress in the Bengali film industry. She has also worked in many films by Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, and Telegu.
She was very active in social work. Before getting married, she had once expressed her desire to adopt a child.
She started in the film industry only after her marriage and maternity.
She made her Hindi film debut in the Bollywood film Andar Bahaar in 1984 with co-actors Anil Kapoor and Jackie Shroff.
She was always on the front page of the TV news for her films because she used to play very bold roles. Although, even after playing in many movies with famous actors, she did not have much success in Bollywood.
She has appeared in more than 60 films and 40 television series.
She is married to Bharat Dev Verma, a descendant of the royal family of Tripura. They have two daughters, Raima Sen, and Riya Sen.
Her husband, Bharat, encouraged her to enter politics.
The name Moon Moon Moon Moon Sen was announced by Mamata Banerjee as the TMC candidate in the 2014 general election on March 4, 2014, in the riding of Bankura. This was a surprise for her, as she did not know that she was about to be appointed. A friend of Moon Moon Moon Moon Sen called her and informed her of the announcement.
She was known as Suchitra Sen er meye’ (Suchitra Sen’s daughter) in the inner parts of Bankura. Apparently, her calm nature and polite words won the hearts of the people of Bankura, which eventually led to her victory because they had established a connection with her.
She is often accompanied by her daughters Raima and Riya during her many rallies and constituency visits.
She won the Lok Sabha 2014 elections in Bankura constituency by defeating MP Basudeb Acharia, who was elected 9 times according to the CPI (M). It was a major victory for Moon Moon Sen and the TMC.
Once, when asked about the growing glamour in politics, she replied-
I don’t know why people are going about the ‘glamour’ factor. It shouldn’t be an unknown factor in politics because we have an Italian who is like a PM and the former actress Jayalalithaa as CM with quite a personality and a unique wardrobe”
- For the 2019 General Elections, Bankura Constituency was given to Subrata Mukherjee. She was asked to contest from the Asansol Constituency against the Union Minister Babul Supriyo.
- When Moon Moon Sen’s name was announced as the Lok Sabha candidate for the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Babul Supriyo tweeted-
Mamtaji always presents me with SEN-sational opponents in Asansol Elections… Dola SEN in 2014 and Moonmoon SEN in 2019 !
— Babul Supriyo (@SuPriyoBabul) March 12, 2019
Moon Moon Sen Age, Caste, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Dev Varma|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 161 cm
in meters– 1.61 m
in feet inches– 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 155 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-30-38|
|Hair Colour||Medium Golden Brown|
|Political Party||All India Trinamool Congress (TMC)|
|Political Journey||• She joined the All India Trinamool Congress (TMC) in March 2014
• Her name was announced as the TMC Lok Sabha candidate for the Bankura seat on 4 March 2014 by the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
• She won the Bankura Seat in the 2014 General Elections
• On 1 September 2014, she was appointed as a member of the Standing Committee on Industry, the Consultive Committee, and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
• She contested the 2019 General Elections from the Asansol Constituency against the Union Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Babul Supriyo
• She lost to Babul Supriyo in the 2019 General Elections from Asansol
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Nandi Award for the Best Supporting Actress in 1987 for the Telugu film Sirivennela
• The Kalakar Award for the Best Actress in a Television Role in 1994
• The Bharata Nirman Award for Films & TV in 1998
• The Kalakar Award for the Best Actress in a Film in 2000
• The Kalakendra Screen Award
|Date of Birth||28 March 1954|
|Age (as in 2019)||65 Years|
|Birthplace||24 Parganas, Kolkata|
|School||• Loreto Convent, Shillong
• Loreto House, Kolkata
|College/University||• Somerville College, Oxford, England
• Jadavpur University, Kolkata
|Educational Qualification||• Graduate
• Masters in Comparative Literature
|Address||Flat No. 3-C, Vedanta Apartment, Ballygunge, Kolkata|
• Collecting Antiques
|Controversies||• In 1984, when she made her Bollywood debut with the film Andar Bahaar, a lot of controversies surrounded her; as she played a very bold and daring character in the film.
• In 2014. when she was visiting Bankura for a rally, the roads of Bankura were washed; so that Moon Moon Sen and her daughters don’t have any difficulties because of the dust. She was heavily criticized for this as at that time, Bankura had a serious water shortage and people did not have water to drink.
• In 2015, she praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying that he has made India’s image better in front of the world. She also criticized him, stating that as he traveled so much, he has completely forgotten and ignored the issues through which the people are suffering in India.
• In April 2019, when a reporter asked for her views about the violence that took place in Asansol polling booths, she replied: She got her bed tea late and as she woke up late, she was not aware of the incident. She got trolled by a lot of people on social media for this statement.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs||• Rumoured Affair With Saif Ali Khan in 1990
• Victor Banerjee (1998)
|Marriage Date||24 February 1978|
|Husband/Spouse||Bharat Dev Verma (Businessman)|
• Raima Sen
• Riya Sen
|Parents||Father– Dibanath Sen (Businessman)
Mother– Suchitra Sen (Actress)
|Favorite Food||Steamed Rice With Ghee|
|Favorite Actor (s)||Mithun, Paresh Rawal|
|Favorite Actress||Laboni Sarkar|
|Assets/Properties||Movable: Rs. 4.71 Crores
Cash: Rs. 3.15 Lacs
Immovable: Rs. 4.94 Crores
3 Residential Apartments in Ballygunge, Kolkata worth Rs. 4.94 Crores
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 10.15 Crores (As in 2019)|