Some Unknown Facts About Rand Paul You need to know.
Rand Paul does not have an undergraduate degree.
Does Rand Paul smoke? No
Does he drink alcohol? No
As a teenager, Paul was baptized and identified as a practicing Christian.
At his school, Rand Paul was a member of the swimming team and played as a defensive backer on the football team.
During his college studies at Baylor University, he was a member of a secret group known as NoZe Brotherhood.
He is not the only one in his family to have run in the presidential election, his father Ron Paul also ran three times in the American presidential election.
Rand Paul is an expert ophthalmologist and specialist in glaucoma and cataract surgery.
When he met his future wife Kelly in Atlanta in 1989, she thought he looked “about eighteen years old”.
He is an expert eye surgeon and has served in developing countries by performing free eye surgery.
In March 2013, Rand Paul obstructed for nearly 13 hours to demand answers from President Obama.
Rand Paul Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Wife & More.
|Real Name||Randal Howard “Rand” Paul|
|Nickname||Paul, Randy, Rand|
|Political Journey||• In 1984, Rand Paul aided his father’s primary challenge to Phil Gramm (Republican Senator).
• In 1988, Paul volunteered for his father’s Libertarian presidential campaign.
• In 1991, he founded North Carolina Taxpayers Union.
• In 1994, Paul founded Kentucky Taxpayers United (KTU) which was an anti-tax organization.
• In 1996, he managed his father’s Congressional campaign.
• In 2008, Rand Paul campaigned door-to-door for his father’s Presidential election.
• At a tea party in Kentucky, Rand Paul gave his first political speech as a Republican senator candidate on April 15, 2009.
• On May 18, 2009, Paul won the Republican senatorial primary.
• On January 5, 2011, rand Paul was sworn in as a senator.
• In 2012, Paul endorsed Mitt Romney for the 2012 presidential election.
• In 1014, he joined the Tea Party in filing a class-action lawsuit against the Federal Government’s phone records.
• On April 7, 2015, Rand Paul officially announced his presidential candidacy for the 2016 presidential election.
• On February 3, 2016, he announced the suspension of his presidential campaign.
|Biggest Rival||Ted Cruz|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 71 kg
in Pounds- 157 lbs
|Date of Birth||7 January 1963|
|Age (as in 2019)||56 Years|
|Birth Place||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Lake Jackson, Texas|
|School||Brazoswood High School, Clute, Texas|
|College||Baylor University, Waco, Texas, Duke University School of Medicine (Duke Med), Durham, North Carolina, USA|
|Educational Qualifications||Doctor of Medicine (MD)|
|Family||Father– Ron Paul (Former US Representative)
Mother– Carol Wells
Brothers– Ronnie Paul, Robert Paul
Sisters– Joy Paul, Lori Paul
|Address||Bowling Green, Kentucky|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Biking, Playing Golf, Playing Baseball, Doing Charity|
|Controversies||• In 2007, he gave a controversial statement that “Iran with only one nuclear weapon is not a threat for our national security”.
• In 2010, he was criticized for his statement that to provide affordable health-care services to all is like forcing doctors into slavery.
• In 2009, he made another controversial statement supporting the absolute right of the private property owners.
• He caused a great deal of controversy by saying that he believed businesses had the right to discriminate on the basis of race.
|Favorite Politician||Martin Luther King Jr.|
|Favorite Film||Enemy of the State|
|Favorite Book||Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich A. Hayek, Human Action by Ludwig von Mises|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Kelley Paul (political consultant, married 1990)|
|Children||Son– William Paul (born 1992), Duncan Paul (born 1997), Robert Paul (born 2000),
|Net Worth||2.5 million USD|